Saturday, June 16, 2012

It Might Be About That Time

I was standing in the kitchen making my awesome
Chicken and Vegetable Pasta with Bashamel Sauce
today when a rare breeze blew through the windows.
I felt something touching the back of my leg just 
above my ankles. Fearing it was a red ant (our kitchen
is FULL of them this summer), I immediately dropped
my spoon and started smacking the back of my legs.
Nothing there. "That's odd," I thought. I wasn't 
sweating. So it wasn't a drop of sweat rolling down
where you aren't sure if it's sweat or a bug. So I went
back to finishing dinner.
Another breeze blew through the windows and I 
felt it again...only this time it was more like a tickling
sensation. I checked behind me to see if Ismail or Hamo
were playing tricks on me with a dry paintbrush. Nope.
I was all alone in the kitchen. That's when I noticed. 
HOLY RAZOR BLADES, BATMAN! How long had it 
been since I mowed those things? I mean, shaving my 
legs is always one of the last things on my list of stuff
to do, ESPECIALLY when my husband is working 
overseas. But DAMN! I could probably french braid 
these puppies. 
So, my list of stuff to do has one more job on it. Oh yay.
Now I need to make sure I've got at least 2 new razors, 
just in case one breaks during the pending hackfest. I
don't think we own a machete. We live in the city, for
crying outloud. I may have to wait until the kids go to 
sleep tonight. This looks like a 2-hour job. I know, I know.
TMI. But what's a girl to do? I'm really busy and I don't
have my man around right now to ask me why I'm wearing
legwarmers to bed in August to remind me to shave my
legs. I got the kids fed. What more do ya want from me?
So, I look a little "Sasquatch-y". It could be worse. At
least I remember to bathe!


((*I originally wrote this back in August 2009. But I suddenly developed 
writer's block when I sat down to write and figured I'd just share one from
the archives.  But honestly, I chose it because my daughter rubbed her 
hand against my leg and said, "Ouch!" So, of course I laughed and thought
of this post.))

No comments:

Post a Comment